Jim and Melinda Hodson are the owners of "Beau's Backyard" a dog boarding facility in Amarillo, Texas. To give you some background information on the owners.
Jim was born and raised on a small farm and ranch operation where he developed a love of animals. Jim was a member of 4H and FFA and had show animals all through his school years. Jim has owned and raised and cared for all types of domestic animals all his life, his roping horse he had for 23 years, This shows his dedication for the life time of his animals, he has a true and enduring love for them. Jim is also the retired owner of a small trucking company.
Melinda was raised in a small town and has had pets all her life. Melinda is a caring and nurturing person who has worked in the medical field caring for others for 45 years, she is a retired nurse from the surgery department at Texas Tech here in Amarillo, Texas. Since retiring Melinda has gone from caring for patients to taking care of their clients special pets. Jim and Melinda were High School sweet hearts and dated all through their school years and then were married on June 16th 1966.
The way Beau's Backyard came to be was their granddaughter was graduating from college in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They wanted to attend their granddaughters graduation which was in the first week of June, so they started calling all the acceptable boarding kennels in Amarillo, to keep Beau their Australian Blue Heeler, after calling 5 different businesses, they found all were booked up for months. Jim and Melinda thought that if there was that much demand for quality boarding, and neither one of them was quite ready for full retirement, decided they would help out, so Beau's Backyard was born.
They thought at their age they would rather focus on pets that were Beau's size or smaller, especially after touring some facilities and noticing how smaller dogs are intimidated by large dogs. They decided after setting the size of dogs they would limit the number of dogs so all of their clients pets could have plenty of one on one contact, This way the dogs could have more time outdoors with close supervision and plenty of attention in a friendly and lovable atmosphere. Jim and Melinda's goal is to treat each and every clients pet as if they were their own.
Beau's Backyard is a small facility so its easy to see that the Hodson's aren't in the business solely for the money they have a true love of animals. Since opening in July of 2017 their clients have made them feel that they have achieved their goal of making all of their clients pets feel like they have been to Grandma's for a visit.
Jim and Melinda know you can't make everybody happy all the time, but so far they believe they are very close to it. Jim and Melinda would like for everyone to know they are welcome to call and set a time to visit their facility. They are enjoying their clients and their special pets and most important it looks like Beau is enjoying them too.
For your Pet, We will:
1. Care for all boarded pets with kindness and will place their welfare above all other considerations.
2. Provide Security and Safety by means of, proper kennel design, careful handling procedures, adequate separation between animals, and by keeping all areas free of potential hazards.
3. Maintain a sanitary environment.
4. Provide supervision of all pets by competent, conscientious personnel, and will respond quickly to any sign of distress or emergency.
5. Provide individual water and food containers and fresh water.
6. Seek veterinary assistance whenever needed, the choice of veterinarian to be governed by kennel policy, as explained during check-in.
7. Require proper immunizations, as specified in our check-in procedures.
8. Administer owner-provided or veterinary-prescribed medication in accordance with instructions.
9. Maintain temperatures within healthful limits.
10. Provide protection from the elements and from excessive exposure to the sun.
11. Provide adequate ventilation to minimize possible exposure to harmful bacteria or viruses.
12. Provide comfortable levels of light in all areas.
13. Provide individual sleeping areas which are large enough to accommodate normal movements.
14. Provide adequate exercise opportunities in areas which are safe, secure, clean and large enough to exercise properly.
For You, We will:
1. Be honest, fair and respectful, and will put your welfare and your pets welfare above personal
2. Honor any and all of our commitments to our clients, and will avoid inaccurate or misleading claims about the care which we provide.
3. Respect the confidential nature of our kennel/client relationship, and will not release client information to un-authorized individuals.
4. Try to resolve any disputes which might arise in a fair, amicable and professional manor.
Beau's Backyard Boarding
106-A Tonja Ave, Amarillo, TX 79108
Open from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon
and 4:00 pm until 6:00 pm.
Open Monday to Saturday